BOTOX in Jacksonville
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
Jacksonville BOTOX® Injections are administered by Dr. Duffy as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
Facts about BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, introduced in 2002, is the first botulinum toxin to be approved by the FDA to temporarily treat moderate to severe glabellar lines between the brows.
- With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of women and their doctors.
- Approximately 11.8 million1 BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures have been administered in the United States since 2002.
- 92% of 303 patients surveyed were satisfied with the results of their BOTOX® Cosmetic experience.
What Is the Treatment Process?
The treatment process for BOTOX® Cosmetic is simple.
Here’s what you might expect at Dr. Duffy’s office from the moment you arrive until your procedure is done. (Please note that although this experience is typical, the routine at Dr. Duffy’s office may be different for each patient.)
Before the Treatment
- Consult with Dr. Duffy to determine whether you are a candidate for treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Dr. Duffy will ask you about your goals to determine where to administer BOTOX® Cosmetic. To do this, your doctor may examine your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create furrow between your brows can vary among individuals
- Ask Dr. Duffy any questions you may have about your expectations for treatment
- Discuss treatment goals and finalize a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs
No anesthesia is required. However, Dr. Duffy may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Dr. Duffy will administer a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows.
Approximately 10 minutes for the entire treatment.
After the Treatment
- No downtime is needed – you’re ready to get on with your day!
- Dr. Duffy will give you specific aftercare instructions.
- Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.